The John W. Campbell Award for Best New Writer is presented annually at WorldCon to an outstanding author whose first professional work of science fiction or fantasy was published within the previous two years.
We're thrilled to congratulate several Strange Horizons fiction authors on their inclusion in Event Horizon, the 2017 anthology of Campbell Award-eligible authors, published by Quanta, an imprint of Shirtsleeves Press.
- Naru Sundar, "A Handful of Dal", People of Colo(u)r Destroy Science Fiction
- Jonathan Edelstein, "Abere and the Poisoner", Beneath Ceaseless Skies
- Arkady Martine, "All the Colors You Thought Were Kings", Shimmer
- G. V. Anderson, "Das Steingeschöpf", Strange Horizons
- S. Qiouyi Lu, "Her Sacred Spirit Soars", Strange Horizons
- J.D. Moyer, "The Beef", Strange Horizons
- Benjamin C. Kinney, "The First Confirmed Case of Non-Corporeal Recursion: Patient Anita R.", Strange Horizons
- Nin Harris, "Tower of the Rosewater Goblet", Strange Horizons
- Sara Norja, "Water, Birch, and Blood", Strange Horizons
We'd also like to congratulate other new writers who've written poetry or nonfiction for us:
- Brandon O’Brien, "fallenangel.dll", New Worlds, Old Ways
- Keyan Bowes, "Genetic Changelings", Science Fiction Short Stories
- Jeremy Szal, "Walls of Nigeria", Nature
The anthology includes over 75 authors and nearly 400,000 words of fiction and will be available for free download until July 15, 2017.
Strange Horizons is proud to publish some of the best and brightest new writers in SFF. Best of luck to all of our nominated writers this year!