Size / / /
Another roundup of links to writing, discussions and news about sf elsewhere online. As ever, we welcome your suggestions for links to include.
- At the SF Site, Paul Kincaid reviews the Gordon van Gelder-edited climate change anthology Welcome to the Greenhouse; meanwhile, the Guardian has news of another climate change anthology with a more cross-genre pedigree
- Gary K Wolfe reviews Geoff Ryman's Paradise Tales
- Those in the UK may like to know that Sarah Hall is presenting a two-part radio series about gender, sexuality and sf, starting on Tuesday 30 August (via).
- Meanwhile, those in the Toronto area may like to know that the film festival includes Xiaolu Guo's film of her novel UFO in Her Eyes [pdf], which we reviewed a couple of years ago (and which I really liked)
- And in other "previously reviewed at Strange Horizons" news, the anthology Machine of Death has been released as a free download
- Brit Mandelo on We Who Are About To... by Joanna Russ
- Matt Hilliard reviews A Dance With Dragons by George RR Martin
- A couple of interviews with Jane Rogers, following the Booker longlisting of The Testatment of Jessie Lamb
- A new review zine for SF poetry: Versification
- Jonathan McCalmont considers how to write a good review (or know when you have done)
- Martin Lewis has some issues with Mary Gentle's Golden Witchbreed
- The Association for the Recognition of Excellence in SF&F Translation is looking for some volunteers
- A sad note to end on, this time: author, editor and sometime Strange Horizons reviewer Colin Harvey has died following a stroke. As if the comments on that second link didn't make it clear enough, he'll be missed.