This week, we had:
- "Particle Theory" by Edward Bryant, selected and introduced by Ted Chiang
- Marci Rae Johnson's poem, "Reconciling Fundamental Forces and Matter"
- An interview with John Hornor Jacobs by Molly Tanzer
- Matthew Cheney's latest Lexias column, on Reading Systems
- Reviews of Daniel Olson's 21st Century Gothic by Farah Mendlesohn; of Genevieve Valentine's Mechanique and Erin Morgensterns' The Night Circus, by Abigail Nussbaum; and of Tansy Rayner Roberts' Love and Romanpunk, by Erin Horakova
And on the blog, of course, Karen announced that she will be standing down from the fiction department at the end of the year. I can't find a way of writing "we will miss her" or "the magazine will miss her" that doesn't sound bland and bureaucratic; but those things are true, and I'll personally miss her advice as well. We wish her all the very best for the future.