Strange Horizons is looking for two Associate Editors. In this role you will work with the Editors-in-Chief across all departments, assisting with the running and development of the magazine.
All roles at Strange Horizons are voluntary and unpaid.
The deadline for applications is Sunday 9th July.
Applicants should be familiar with Strange Horizons and enthusiastic about helping to improve and expand the magazine.
We strongly encourage applications from queer, minority, and non-US/UK residents.
Areas of responsibility may include:
- Magazine promotion, online and at conventions
- Coordination between departments for special issues and events
- Planning and administration of fund drives
- Management of magazine accounts
- Management of magazine processes
There may also be opportunities for candidates to become more involved with specific departments.
We expect this position to typically require 3-5 hours of work per week. If you are interested in applying, please email email@example.com with the subject line “ASSOCIATE EDITOR CANDIDATE: your name here” and a brief overview of your experience.